GUSD Composite Bike Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'09 Big Bear Trips

2 posters

Go down

'09 Big Bear Trips Empty '09 Big Bear Trips

Post  Eric S. Thu May 07, 2009 6:01 am

The Plan
My plan this summer is to head up to Big Bear just about every weekend that I can. I would most likely drive up Friday night, bike Saturday and then hang out or bike Sunday before driving home. I would mostly be taking the chairlift up Snow Summit and riding the downhill trails from there, but I would also like to do some riding in the surrounding areas.

Cost:$35-50 per Person, per weekend.
In comparison to the Mammoth trip this is much cheaper and a little easier to plan as it is much closer to home. Alright so the break down.
Break Down
Lift Tickets : An all day pass costs $20, sadly they do not have a two day pass like Mammoth. However they do normally have a Summer Bike pass that you can get. They are normally about $100 and pay for themselves pretty quickly. I'll be going up to Big Bear memorial day weekend so I'll check to see if they are still doing this. ($20 for every day you ride the chairlift)

Food : The cabin has basic food items (PB & J, crackers, popcorn, pasta, etc.) so snacks are easily covered, but we will most likely have to head out to the market to buy some stuff for dinner. I will most likely just get a big jar and put it on the counter and people can throw in $10-15 bucks and we'll use that money to buy groceries. ($10-15)

Gas : If everyone could just chip in $5-10 bucks to who ever drives you up that should make life easier for the drivers. ($5-10)

Lodging : FREE. Everyone likes free stuff so here you go. My family has a cabin up in Big Bear so that makes life easy.

Every weekend I plan to go up I'll simply post here and include a Roster in my post. If you want to come PM me, post up, or email me and I'll add you on. By the Summer I will be legal to drive people so if you need a lift let me know. For those who can get parents, siblings, etc. to drive them up, the family cabin is up a dirt rutted road. A car with some ground clearance is advisable, but if all you have is small car(Camry, etc.) its do able just a little slow going.
Eric S.
Eric S.

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-27

https://gusdbike.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'09 Big Bear Trips Empty when are you heading out?

Post  therealfroboi93(d.v) Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 pm

when are u leaving?
therealfroboi93(d.v)
therealfroboi93(d.v)

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

'09 Big Bear Trips Empty Re: '09 Big Bear Trips

Post  Eric S. Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I haven't picked any dates to go up yet. I was mostly looking at dates after July 8(My bday) so that I would be 18 and able to give people rides and be able to act as an adult (legally). So if you have any weekends that you wanted to go up just let me know or post here and I'll see what I can do.
Eric S.
Eric S.

Back to top Go down

'09 Big Bear Trips Empty july 18-19 ?

Post  therealfroboi93(d.v) Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:14 pm

that weekend im good to go
therealfroboi93(d.v)
therealfroboi93(d.v)

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric S. Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:57 am

The weekend of the 18th is out of me. How does July 24(friday) -26 work for people?
Eric S.
Eric S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down